CONSERVATION AND PRESEVATION
MOA, the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia (UBC)
Questions about care of heritage belongings or the field of Conservation?
Examples are given below of several professional museum and conservation sites that include information on preserving your own collections.
1. CAC, the Canadian Association for Conservation of Cultural Property
At this site, for example:
What is Conservation?
Selecting and Employing a Conservator
2. CCI, the Canadian Conservation Institute
At this site, for example, information on how to preserve collections is under
“Conservation Resource Centre”
3. AIC, the American Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
At this site, for example, information on how to preserve is under
“Resource Center”: see “Caring for your Treasures”
4. Musée de la civilisation Québec
Comment preserver l’héritage chez vous?
“Ressources en ligne”: voir “Patrimoine à domicile”
5. CAN, Collections Australia Network
Collections Council of Australia
At this site, for example, downloadable chapters detailing preservation measures